You may not know this about me, but I recently lost 40 pounds!
I had always struggled with my weight, and so when I found the Trim Healthy Mama book I was interested, but unsure. I had tried a great many diets over the years and never could stick with them, so even though some of my friends had done very well with this program, I wasn’t sure I could.
But I did. It is was amazing. I actually could stick with it, I could eat treats, and I never was hungry. Ever. And that is a big thing for me. I’ll be writing up a personal testimonial soon so it will be linked here once it is finished. That way you can read more about the book and my personal experience.
But on to the recipe! I have some zucchini and yellow squashes still in my garden, so I wanted to come up with a delicious recipe for them.
This is the result. It is both velvety smooth, and deliciously caramelized, with just the right balance of savory and sweet. I think you’ll love it.
And if you are following the Trim Healthy way of eating, it qualifies as an S side.
- 3 medium to large zucchini or 5-6 medium yellow squash (or a combo of the two--enough to cover a sheet tray in a thin layer)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3-4 grinds of black pepper
- 1-2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- several heavy shakes of onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cube the summer squash into fairly large cubes, about ½ - ¾ inches.
- Place all ingredients on a parchment lined sheet tray and mix with your hands until evenly coated.
- Allow the summer squash to roast in the oven for about 45 minutes, stirring a couple of times during the roasting.
- Keep a close eye on it, you want to get it out once you start to see some golden brown color on the pieces. Then they'll be velvety smooth and deliciously caramelized.
Please take a moment to LIKE us over on Facebook!