Quesadillas rock my world.
They are such a simple and tasty meal option. They take almost no time, and can be incredibly delicious. Since my garden is in full production as the growing year is starting to draw to a close, I have plenty of delicious fresh produce to find creative uses for.
Enter the Caprese Quesadilla. A delicious fusion of some of my favorite things: Basil. Cheese. Trim Healthy Mama. Yes, it is a lunch made in heaven. Not doing the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle? Just use regular whole wheat quesadillas!
Let’s get to it, shall we?
- 2 small low-carb tortillas (approx. 3 net carbs each. If not available use 1 larger 6 net carb tortilla and fold in half once filled)
- 3-4 very thin slices tomato
- 6-8 leaves fresh basil
- Several slices fresh mozzarella or a small handful shredded
- Butter for pan
- Start a small pat of butter melting over medium heat in fry pan.
- Lay one tortilla in pan once butter is melted and quickly layer in tomato, basil, and mozzarella.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Cook over medium heat until first size is toasty and cheese is starting to melt.
- Flip and cook on second size until toasty and delicious.
- Remove from pan and allow to sit for a few minutes, then cut and serve.