Trim Healthy Mama is such a versatile lifestyle change. The tendency when you try to implement the principles in the book is to neglect the E–Energizing meals. Don’t do it! They are delicious and NECESSARY to help keep your metabolism going and your body releasing excess weight.
So why not make a delicious, and filling E breakfast? Enter Apple Pie Oatmeal. It is a filling, creamy, apple-pie-ey bundle of love in a bowl. AND you can have it with the THM version of “Brown Sugar” (NOT my original creation, but recipe can be found in the THM archives on Facebook).
- ½ cup dry old fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened plain almond milk (like Silk)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped apple
- ¼ cup 0% greek yogurt (add after cooked)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Trim Healthy "Brown Sugar" to taste (See link in main article)
- Add all ingredients except Greek yogurt and THM "Brown Sugar" to a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring frequently until at your preferred consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt and "brown sugar" and stir.
This recipe is linked up at Trim Healthy Tuesday!