Skip the drive-through and tip yourself instead for making this delicious specialty coffee every morning. You even have my permission to make it if the leaves are still on the trees where you live!
It’s pumpkin-spiced EVERYTHING season. I don’t live near a big chain coffee shop, so I have to make it on my own, but you may want to just to spare yourself the nasty additives that often make their way into these sweet treats.
Making this healthy pumpkin spice latte recipe at home lets you control the ingredients, and this one is as “clean” as the wind-driven snow! I love it so much I am actually sipping one now as I write this post…Yum!
This recipe was originally born as a Trim Healthy Recipe and you can find that version here, but I’ve spruced it up a bit since then and it is FAB-U-LOUS, dahling…..fabulous!
It’s so fabulous that you’re going to make this one every day until you use the can of pumpkin up….then you’ll buy another can!
So what do you need for your own delicious healthy pumpkin spice latte recipe?
- Coffee, of course! Make it 12 ounces, freshly brewed and HOT!
- Pumpkin purée (not the pie filling, just plain unsweetened pumpkin)
- Vanilla flavored protein powder (I used Vanilla Spice flavored Pure Protein Complete from Young Living). This is an important part of the latte because it gives some body and a little blood sugar stabilizing protein to the drink, so don’t skip it.
- Heavy cream
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, and allspice (that’s where the spice comes from!)
- Sweetener of your choice (I use pure white stevia powder, but have also enjoyed coconut sugar)
- A fun mug that makes you happy, just because!
So here’s your recipe!
- 12 ounces hot brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder (Vanilla Spice Pure Protein Complete from Young Living is preferred)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- Sweetener of your choice, to taste
- Put all ingredients in a blender and then blend until frothy and combined.
- Simple, easy, and the best bit of fall in a cup!
So tell me, is fall all about the pumpkin for you? What is your favorite pumpkin treat! Share it in the comments!