Trim Healthy Mama has totally changed my life. Have you looked into it yet, because if you haven’t, you should. Really. It is the only eating plan that has ever stuck for me and also the only one that has ever worked. EVER.
So you can see why I am so excited about it. Not only has it worked, I get to eat delicious food like this awesome Energizing style Grilled Cheese recipe. You should know that on its own it doesn’t have enough protein to qualify for meal status by itself, so I’d suggest that you round out your meal by adding a few fresh veggies and a delicious drink like our Rich, Creamy Fuel Pull Chocolate Milk or our Pumpkin Spice Fuel Pull Latte. Just use a full scoop of protein powder in either of those drinks, and you’ll be good to go.
So how is it possible to make a delicious grilled cheese, but have it E style? Read on.
Our cast of characters are:
- Ezekiel Sprouted Grain bread (or you can use two thin slices of Gwen’s Easy bread)
- Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedges (I prefer the white cheddar variety for this)
- Light Mayo
- 2 slices Ezekiel sprouted bread
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Cheddar Cheese spread
- ½-3/4 TBSP reduced-fat mayo
- Preheat a non-stick pan (I like ceramic non-stick for this) over medium heat.
- Spread each slice of the Ezekiel bread with the reduced-fat mayo
- Spread the wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese between the bread slices.
- Toast each side until brown and crisp.
Also, this sandwich maxes out you fat grams for an E meal, so anything else you pair with it should be non-fat if possible to avoid making a crossover meal.
This recipe is linked up at Trim Healthy Tuesday!
For more of our Trim Healthy Recipes, read here! Oh, and Stacey featured my Pumpkin Spice Latte this week, so you should try it too!