I just returned from an amazing trip of a lifetime to Israel and Palestine. And while we saw a great many religious and historical sites, we took some time to check out one of the great beauty wonders of the world: The Dead Sea!
Some cool factoids about the Dead Sea:
- The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth…coming in at 1,388 feet below sea level!
- There is so much salt in the Dead Sea that you can float without even trying. I know, because I did! You sit like you are in an armchair and let the water do the rest.
- Dead Sea salt is prized for both cooking and therapeutic uses.
- Mud from the Dead Sea is coveted for its beauty properties. It is filled with minerals that nourish the skin and makes the perfect skin mask.
In fact the mud from the Dead Sea is so amazing, that companies charge a pretty penny to use it in spa treatments. But since I was already at the Dead Sea, I just grabbed some mud and slathered it on (as you can see in this picture!)
And you might wonder, “Did it work?”
The answer is, “Yes! It did!” My skin was so smooth and soft that I wished I could pack up some mud to take with me.
Luckily, Amazon makes it easy to get Dead Sea Mud, so I decided to just go with that.
With all that in mind, I thought I’d share a fun Dead Sea Mud Mask recipe with you here today!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A 4-ounce or larger glass jar
- 1/4 cup of 100% Dead Sea Mud
- 1 drop Spearmint Essential Oil
- 1 drop Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1 drop Lavender Essential Oil
How to Make:
Mix all ingredients in the glass jar. Use immediately, mud does not keep well.
If it dries out, add a bit of water to moisten. Seal original mud container tightly.
How to Use:
- Apply directly to clean skin.
- Allow to dry for about 15 minutes before washing clean. Avoid sensitive skin areas around your eyes, and don’t move your face much or the mud might crack.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Enjoy your soft, spa treatment-like skin!
Why Dead Sea Mud?
The minerals found in Dead Sea mud nourish the skin, and the mud help to suck out impurities. Dead Sea mud is naturally rich in Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium. It is a highly sought after beauty treatment.
So, whenever you’re looking to have a high dollar spa treatment in your own home, give this mud mask a try!
Don't miss out on the FREE Essential Oils 101 Class!
Learn how to
- safely use essential oils
- choose the right oils for you
- build your natural wellness tookit!