Fall is a really busy time of year for me. There is always one more thing to try to fit in before the snow really starts to fly. The kids and I are enjoying the unseasonably nice weather and spending a lot of time running errands, taking walks and visiting the library. All the fun of a fall that keeps on going and going!
When I am at home I almost always have at least one diffuser running, mainly because I LOVE the benefits I get from diffusing essential oils in my house! In fact…..since it’s November already I am diffusing the Christmas Spirit essential oil blend (I made myself wait until the day after Halloween, just on principle, but it was HARD!).
So all of that to say, with as much as I love diffusing it’s natural to want to try to get those same aromatic benefits anytime I can.
Can I let you in on a little secret? Most of the time I use a diffuser necklace to help get those benefits on the go. It’s convenient discrete, and it is right near your face, in perfect range for breathing in essential oil goodness!
I love and use my oils so much that I’d probably use them anyway, but I do actually have three specific reasons I wear my oils everywhere I go. Want to know why?
Check it out:
- I can smell something awesome no matter where I am. There is no gas station bathroom, crowded waiting room, or stinky diaper smell that stands a chance compared to the essential oil I’ve put in my necklace that day. I can’t tell you how many times that I’ve discretely put my necklace to my nose for a little smell when there was an unpleasant smell nearby. (I always get a little kick out of it when I do that because it reminds me of those old movies where some king is walking around with a sachet to smell when he is out among the people. I guess it’s a history nerd thing, I just go with it. )
- I smell awesome without dealing with toxic chemicals. If you’ve never researched the chemicals that are in perfumes and cologne, you really owe it to yourself to grade a few of your favorites using the Skin Deep Database. There is little to no regulation in the cosmetic industry and fragrances fiercely guard the secret “recipes” that make them unique. What that means is that they rarely disclose what toxic soup lurks within that fancy bottle. Not good for business, I suppose. I’ll stick to my essential oils instead!
- I get the benefits of genuine essential oils all day long. There are hundreds of oils to choose from and so many benefits. Essential oils are known to positively influence mood and help cleanse and purify the air. I especially appreciate this when I’m out and about.
So what do I use to diffuse?
Over the last few years I’ve tried a few different types of diffuser jewelry, and so when Sara from Drops of Joy Jewelry messaged me and asked if I would like to review one of their stainless steel diffuser necklaces I was excited to accept!
I have enjoyed the Signature Sunburst diffuser necklace for the last couple of weeks, and it has already become my favorite piece of diffuser jewelry by far.
I showed it off earlier today on Periscope and shared about my experience with the diffuser necklace.
I really like a few things about it:
- It is simple and beautiful. The starburst pattern is really stunning and lets just the right amount of essential oil fragrance out.
- I like that it has a closed back. Since the back of the necklace was not open, I was able to avoid getting any oil on my clothes. Been there, done that, ruined my T-shirt! So having this necklace be solid backed, that was a VERY nice plus!
- It feels solid and is very well made. It is built to last, you can really see that it is designed to stand up to daily wear.
- I REALLY like that it uses a leather insert to hold the oil instead of felt or cotton. I am able to use just a single drop of essential oil on the leather pad and it lasts all day. When I use a felt pad I typically need 3-4 drops to get the same effect.
I definitely love my Drops of Joy diffuser necklace, and really love the quality. Not only is the diffuser necklace wonderfully made, but they donate $2 from every sale to St. Jude’s Research Hospital. As a mom, that really touches me!
So when you hop over to Drops of Joy, tell me, which piece of diffuser jewelry do you like best?
Share in the comments!