Lemonade is hands down my favorite summer drink. There is something so sweet, tangy and refreshing about some lemonade over ice on a hot, hot day.
My standard lemonade is usually infused with peppermint or spearmint, but after tasting lavender lemonade on a trip to the Young Living lavender farm in Mona, Utah, I was hooked.
When you arrive at the farm there are beautiful gardens everywhere. And in the midst of all of those beautiful places is a little snack shack where you can buy slushies made with NingXia Red, lavender ice cream (which is also surprisingly amazing) and this delicious lavender lemonade.
So of course I had to figure out how to make it for myself.
Now before you get worried, the lavender lemonade does not at all taste flowery or soapy. That was what I was first worried about when I had it the first time. It’s just a surprisingly delicious hint of lavender. Who knew it could taste so good?
RELATED: Refreshing Frozen Strawberry Limeade
Of course, if you’re going to be making it you’ll want to make a lot, so this lavender lemonade recipe is going to make a gallon of sweet goodness for you!
Plus it gives me an excuse to break out a cute gallon container to put it all into, right?
So here’s what you’ll need:
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- 14 cups filtered water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup fine sugar (dissolved in 1 cup of the water over low heat) or 1/2 cup agave nectar (or my personal favorite: stevia to taste)
- 8 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Lavender Vitality essential oil
How to do it:
- Combine the sugar (after its dissolved in the 1 cup of water) or agave to with the vitality essential oils.
- Add to the water and lemon juice and stir carefully.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving over ice.
This is the perfect summer treat! I think you’ll find that you love it a lot.
Of course if you chicken out on the Lavender Vitality you could try substituting Spearmint Vitality or Peppermint Vitality, but that wouldn’t be quite the same *wink*
Don't miss out on the FREE Essential Oils 101 Class!
Learn how to
- safely use essential oils
- choose the right oils for you
- build your natural wellness tookit!