So, I’ll be honest, part of my downfall when it comes to eating well is lack of time. I’ve got little people who get the majority of my attention so breakfast has got to be quick.
Which is where the Breakfast Bake comes in. I am the only one in the family doing Trim Healthy Mama, so this is something I can bake at the beginning of the week, freeze some, reheat the rest over the week as I want. That way, I can make everyone else’s breakfast and stay on plan because I’ve got something already made waiting for me.
It’s just breakfast heaven in a pan. Plus it is cold outside, and I really want something cozy to eat! Not really in the breakfast mood, this would be a delicious lunch served up with some sautéed non-starchy veggies or a crisp salad! Ready? Me too!
- 1 dozen high omega eggs
- ½ cup cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb no sugar added breakfast sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brown and drain sausage, set aside to cool.
- Sautee diced onions and sliced mushrooms in butter until soft, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream and salt and beat until smooth and eggs all ingredients are combined.
- Combine all ingredients in a 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.