So you’re considering the Young Living Premium Starter Kit, but you’re asking yourself a few questions.
“Is it worth it?”
“Will I be able to figure out how to use them?”
“How useful are they, really?”
This little kit of 11 essential oils is carefully chosen to give you natural options for most situations you’ll run across in any given day.
And so if the question you’re really asking is “What in the world can I do with these oils?” then you have come to the right place.
I’ll share 120 of my favorite ways that I use my Young Living Starter Kit oils.
Then you’ll be ready to dig in and start using them for yourself like a pro.
And if you’re looking for a friend to get your kit with, I’d love to be that person and help you learn all you need to know! You can grab your kit HERE.
But let’s dig in!
Without further ado, here are 120 Ways to Use the Young Living Starter Kit Oils!
*For clarification, when I mention an oil and that oil as a “vitality” oil, they are the exact same oil in two different bottles. The only difference is the non-vitality labeled oil is labeled with topical and aromatic uses and the vitality oil is labeled with internal/dietary supplement uses. They are the exact same oil, just labeled with different suggested uses for regulatory compliance purposes.
Frankincense essential oil has been called the “King of Essential Oils” because of its well documented history. Frankincense was given as a gift to the Christ child and was a powerful botanical traded all throughout the ancient world.
1. Add to your favorite facial care products to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Create a rollerball with frankincense essential oil and a carrier oil like jojoba oil to use on location to maintain the appearance of radiant skin.
3. Diffuse or inhale during times of prayer and meditation for an enhanced spiritual experience.
4. Add to a carrier oil and use to massage muscles after activity.
5. Apply or diffuse during yoga to enhance feelings of groundedness and centeredness.
6. Apply topically to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tones.
7. Diffuse for moments when you need to brainstorm or tap into your creativity.
10. Add a drop to your NingXia Red, juice, or tea for a complex woodsy and slightly citrusy flavor.
11. Use in a capsule as a dietary supplement to support overall health and to support normal cellular health.*
12. Add a drop or two to tea or in a capsule to use as a dietary supplement to support your immune system.*
13. Keep your bathroom fresh smelling. Mix 6 drops of Lemon and 6 drops of Citrus Fresh essential oil in a spray bottle with water and use to banish odors.
14. Diffuse for a bright, sunny and uplifting aroma on cloudy and cold days.
15. Use as a natural gum remover and de-greaser by applying to surfaces. Test in an inconspicuous location first.
16. Remove crayon and permanent marker from surfaces. Apply and then scrub carefully. May take several applications for marker. First check an inconspicuous location.
17. Soak dishcloths and sponges in a bowl of cool water to which 5 drops of lemon essential oil has been added to refresh.
18. Get rid of tough odors on your hands from cooking by using a few drops of lemon essential oil to neutralize garlic, fish or onion aromas.
19. Keep your refrigerator smelling fresh by placing a small bowl of baking soda mixed with 10 drops of lemon essential oil on a lower shelf.
RELATED: Lemon Essential Oil–the Oil of Clean
20. Substitute Lemon Vitality essential oil for lemon juice or lemon zest in your savory or sweet recipes! Pro tip: You’ll need fewer drops of Lemon Vitality for savory dishes than you will for sweet dishes.
21. Add a drop to your water glass to add interest and encourage you to drink more water.
22. Add a fresh lemon flavor to plain yogurt by adding a few drops. Sweeten to taste with your sweetener of choice. I use stevia!
23. Create your own marinades for grilling by adding herbs like oregano and basil plus some olive oil, soy sauce, and a few drops of Lemon Vitality.
24. Enjoy the antioxidant properties of Lemon Vitality and the immune system support by putting a few drops in a capsule and taking as a dietary supplement.*
25. Use Lemon Vitality to support normal circulation by using a few drops in a capsule.*
26. Dig into the cleansing properties of Lemon Vitality by adding a few drops to your water bottle each day.*
27. Add to homemade cleaning products to boost grease cutting powers.
28. Add 5 drops to a half cup of baking soda and place in the bottom of your trash can to freshen and deodorize.
29. Make a simple cleanser by adding 6 drops of Citrus Fresh to 1/2 cup baking soda, 1 TBSP castile soap, and enough water to make a paste.
30. Diffuse for a cheerful aroma during the afternoon at work.
31. Dilute Citrus Fresh essential oil 1 drop oil to 1 drop carrier oil as a nighttime moisturizer for smoother, more radiant looking skin. Only use at night, because some of the citrus oils in this blend can cause temporary sensitivity to UV light.
32. Use Citrus Fresh with a small amount of carrier oil to make a light, happy personal fragrance.
33. Add a few drops to cotton balls and place them under car seats, in gym bags, cabinets, or inside shoes to freshen and deodorize.
Citrus Fresh Vitality
34. Add a unique twist to your lemonade by adding a few drops of Citrus Fresh Vitality.
35. Use a few drops in your water for an antioxidant-type boost.*
36. Put 1-2 drops per 2oz of smoothie or fruit juice for a delicious treat.
37. Apply to reflex points after activity for a refreshing cool down.
38. Add to a moisturizer and use it to provide extra moisturizing properties and to enhance the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
39. Add to homemade muscle rubs or massage oils for a comforting aroma.
40. Diffuse with Thieves essential oil or Lavender for a warm aroma.
41. Create a manly beard oil by combining Copaiba with a non-greasy carrier oil.
42. Use directly on skin to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
43. Add a few drops of Copaiba Vitality to warm water and honey to create a unique wellness tea.*
44. Use a few drops on its own in a capsule as a dietary supplement to support overall wellness* and to infuse the benefits of the naturally occurring constituent beta-caryophyllene.*
45. Wind down with a relaxing cup of rooibos or chamomile tea infused with a few drops of Copaiba Vitality.
46. Create a daily “wellness” roller by adding 40 drops of Thieves essential oil to a 10ml roller bottle and topping off with carrier oil. Then roll on your feet before you leave the house and when you return home each day.
47. Diffuse Thieves alone or with an addition of lemon essential oil for a warm comforting aroma when you have guests, especially during the fall and winter months.
48. Boost your natural cleaning products with a few drops of Thieves essential oil.
49. Add to the grease cutting power of your dishwater by dropping a few drops in while you hand wash your dishes.
50. Refresh your carpets by combining 1 cup of baking soda and 5 drops of Thieves. Sprinkle over your carpets and allow to sit overnight before thoroughly vacuuming.
51. Create a wellness capsule to support your immune system by adding a few drops of Thieves Vitality and carrier oil to top.*
52. Support your respiratory system by using Thieves Vitality internally as a dietary supplement.*
53. Create a simple Thieves Vitality tea by mixing a few drops into some honey and then mixing with warm water.
54. Add a few drops to your morning oatmeal for a unique cinnamony flavor.
55. Mix a drop of Thieves Vitality into a mug of warm milk for a comforting nighttime drink.
56. Use in a capsule to cleanse the digestive system.*
57. Diffuse with Stress Away for a fun kid friendly root beer aroma.
58. Create an after-workout muscle rub by mixing 1/4 cup of coconut oil with 5 drops of PanAway, 5 drops of peppermint, and 5 drops of copaiba. Store leftovers in a sealed glass jar.
59. Toss into your gym bag for a cooling sensation on the go.
60. Apply to the nape of your neck or to your hairline after an afternoon of computer work.
61. Make a post-workout bath by combining 10 drops of PanAway with 1 cup of Epsom salt and stirring into a warm tub.
62. Rub a drop onto your temples when in a loud area like a bus station, airport, or while stuck in traffic.
63. Polish your skin to a healthy glow by adding making a sugar scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and several drops of lavender essential oil.
64. Relax at the end of a long day by giving or receiving a lavender infused neck and shoulder rub.
65. Create a lavender pillow spray by adding 15-20 drops of water in a 4 ounce glass spray bottle to 1 ounce witch hazel and 3 ounces of distilled water. Spritz on linens and breathe deeply.
66. Greet spring and breathe deeply when you diffuse 3 drops of lavender, 3 drops of lemon, and 3 drops of peppermint together.
67. Unwind before bed with a lavender bath. Just mix 4-6 drops of lavender essential oil with 1 cup of Epsom salts and dissolve in a warm tub.
68. Spruce up your shampoo by adding several drops of lavender to it before you wash your hair. Lavender loves healthy hair!
69. Enhance your beauty routine by adding lavender to your lotions before applying them to smooth and moisturize your skin.
70. Support aging skin by applying during your skincare routine.
71. Minimize the appearance of blemishes by applying directly to desired area.
72. Cleanse and soothe minor skin irritations with lavender.
73. Apply to the skin after a day in the sun.
74. Diffuse to enjoy an aroma known to calm the body and mind.
75. Use to promote a restful environment for sleep and bedtime.
76. Use to impart a French flair to dishes that call for Herbs de Provence. Just dip a toothpick into the bottle and swirl into the dish at the end of cooking. Balance out the flavor with rosemary or oregano.
77. Add a single drop to honey or agave and sweeten a pitcher of lemonade for a delicious and interesting flavor combination.
78. Use a few drops in a capsule as a dietary supplement to improve sleep quality for occasional sleeplessness.*
79. Add to a spoonful of honey and mix into warm water to create a tea and help ease occasional nervous tension as a supplement.*
80. Create a “wellness capsule” with equal parts of Lavender Vitality, Lemon Vitality, and Peppermint Vitality.*
81. Apply to the chest and throat for a stimulating and empowering sensation before your exercise routine, and to promote the sensation of deeper breathing.
82. Create your own chest rub by adding several drops of Raven to a teaspoon of coconut oil. Store any leftovers in a glass container.
83. Diffuse, especially during the winter months, for a bracing aroma of eucalyptus and ravintsara.
84. Apply to your feet as part of your bedtime routine.
85. Diffuse in any stuffy environment to for a fresh, crisp aroma.
86. Drop a few drops on the bottom of a hot shower for invigorating steam.
87. Add a 15ml bottle of peppermint essential oil to a 5 gallon bucket of paint to mitigate the paint fume smell.
88. Add a few drops of peppermint to a carrier oil for a refreshing foot massage after a long day.
89. Mix 3-5 drops into 1/2 cup of Epsom salts along with 2-3 drops of copaiba. Add to warm water in a basin to create a comforting foot soak after a long day on your feet.
90. Diffuse during study time to help stimulate feelings of focus and alertness.
91. Apply to your neck after time outdoors for a cooling feeling on your skin.
92. Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place in your car’s air vent for a stimulating aroma while driving.
93. Apply carefully to your temples during the 2pm slump at your desk while you are at work.
94. Diffuse peppermint with lavender for a clean, fresh aroma to banish stale are.
95. Add a few drops to shampoo for a stimulating feeling for your scalp. Be careful to avoid getting in your eyes.
96. Apply topically to fatigued areas after workout for a cooling sensation.
97. Replace peppermint extract with a single drop of Peppermint Vitality in your favorite dishes.
98. Add a holiday twist to hot chocolate by dipping a toothpick in Peppermint Vitality and then swirling it in your cup.
99. Make your brownies extra special by adding several drops to the batter before baking. Delicious!
100. Use as a dietary supplement to support athletic performance during a workout.*
101. Incorporate Peppermint Vitality into your supplement routine as a way to support overall digestive health.*
102. Add a drop to a spoonful of honey to reduce feelings of discomfort after a large meal.*
103. Try a drop of Peppermint Vitality in a cool glass of water as a substitute for coffee in the morning.
104. Add a few drops to a capsule to maintain the efficiency of your digestive tract and enhance healthy gut function.*
105. Add a drop to a large glass water bottle to encourage you to drink enough water on hot days.
106. Apply topically on your abdomen following a large meal.
107. Perfect to diffuse on its own or blended with peppermint essential oil.
108. Great to diffuse in the car on long trips for a comforting aroma for children.
109. Apply to wrists or chest for a calming aromatic experience.
110. Use as a dietary supplement in a capsule at each meal as an overall wellness support.*
111. Make a mealtime tea with a drop of DiGize Vitality and a drop of Peppermint Vitality mixed in honey.
112. Take in a capsule to support and cleanse the digestive system.*
113. Diffuse to create a calming environment after a long day.
114. Apply to kids before sending to school on test day.
115. Apply to wrists to wear as a perfume.
116. Put on a cotton ball and place in car vents during long commutes or rush hour.
117. Diffuse at bedtime by itself or with lavender.
118. Use during the “witching hour” while you are trying to cook dinner with small children in the house.
119. Diffuse during thunderstorms or fireworks shows with pets in the house (make sure pets can leave the room where the diffuser is if they wish).
120. Apply before a big presentation or evaluation at work.
Now that’s a lot of uses, isn’t it? I seriously use them every single day, and you will, too.
When you decide it’s time to bring these oils into your home, I hope you’ll let me help you get started!
Ready now? Just click below to grab your starter kit of oils.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Don't miss out on the FREE Essential Oils 101 Class!
Learn how to
- safely use essential oils
- choose the right oils for you
- build your natural wellness tookit!