I teased this recipe last week over on the Facebook page, and everyone was so excited that I thought I’d better hurry up and post it sooner rather than later!
I aim to please after all, LOL.
With the weather getting warmer around the country, and the recent reintroduction to blended fruit drinks from a nice friend of mine who came to my house and made me one, (seriously, how nice was she?) I’m just full of fun low calorie, low carb, sugar free drink ideas! There will be more, don’t you worry!
Ok, so on to the good stuff.
Just in time for Thanksgiving! Growing up one of the family favorites for any major holiday was that quivering, jewel-like mass of crimson joy known as Cranberry Sauce. It always came in a can, was sometimes sliced, but it was always delicious.
And once I turned a half second over twenty, it went straight to my waistline. So, there had to be a better way! Enter this delish-sugar free Cranberry Relish. Guaranteed to fit the bill for fruity sweetness alongside your Thanksgiving turkey, WITHOUT the post holiday baggage on the body.
Trim Healthy Mama is such a versatile lifestyle change. The tendency when you try to implement the principles in the book is to neglect the E–Energizing meals. Don’t do it! They are delicious and NECESSARY to help keep your metabolism going and your body releasing excess weight.
So why not make a delicious, and filling E breakfast? Enter Apple Pie Oatmeal. It is a filling, creamy, apple-pie-ey bundle of love in a bowl. AND you can have it with the THM version of “Brown Sugar” (NOT my original creation, but recipe can be found in the THM archives on Facebook).
- ½ cup dry old fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened plain almond milk (like Silk)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped apple
- ¼ cup 0% greek yogurt (add after cooked)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Trim Healthy "Brown Sugar" to taste (See link in main article)
- Add all ingredients except Greek yogurt and THM "Brown Sugar" to a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring frequently until at your preferred consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt and "brown sugar" and stir.
This recipe is linked up at Trim Healthy Tuesday!